Windows 10's Anniversary Update offers a big new feature for developers: A full, Ubuntu-based Bash Shell that can run Linux software on Windows. This is made possible by the new "Windows Subsystem for Linux" Microsoft is adding to Windows 10.
If you wonder that how to add this feature in your Win10 or want to know more information about Linux Bash Shell on Windows 10, please visit How to Install and Use the Linux Bash Shell on Windows 10.
However, with this feature, I can run my Bash shell scripts(.sh script) to do plenty of things without a virtual machine. The next thing I want to do is making 非爬虫方式批量下载IEEE Xplore文献（Linux环境） run with the advantage of this feature.
Run Graphical Linux Desktop Application
- How to Run Graphical Linux Desktop Applications from Windows 10’s Bash Shell
- How to run GUI Linux apps from Bash in Windows 10
Uninstall and Reinstall
- How to Uninstall (or Reinstall) Windows 10’s Ubuntu Bash Shell
- If you get an error code
0x80070091after trying to install again, go to
%localappdata%\lxssand remove all files/folders manually. It should work afterwards.
If you find bash get stuck while extract files, see followings:
- Bash install hangs at "Extracting Filesystem" #565
- Bash.exe 25% CPU usage and Stuck #358
- Install not working after upgrade to 14361 #538
I want to make IC EDA tools, such as Cadence、Synopsys、Calibre and so on which run on Cent OS on virtual machine (VMware or Virtual Box) now，run on Windows 10 with this feature.
Unfortunately, I find it impossible with current version Bash Shell which can not support complex GUI application. Hoping future version will solve this problem.